Thursday, June 12, 2008

Precocious Pad?


[Photo credit: Paul Costello]

My kids are too young (2 and almost 5) for all the Hannah Montana hysteria. But that doesn't stop me from wanting to take a peek are actress Miley Cyrus' digs featured in the June issue of InStyle. Yes, I know she's a worldly gazillionairess, still I was surprised that her style seemed well beyond her 15 years.

[Photo credit: Paul Costello]

Growing up, sheer lack of square footage made rearranging my bedroom pointless. But I did my best with special touches like Kirk Cameron posters and pretty arrangements of perfume bottles. My favorite? Exclamation cologne!


[Photo credit: Teen Idols 4 You]


So what do you think of Miley's place? Is it too over the top/ just right for these times /or does an improvised mix of posters and perfume still smell like teen spirit?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa...she's got a boudoir. That's scary. How about something in between Pottery Barn Kids and Madonna's "Like a Virgin" years?

Pretty*Practical said...

Thanks for comments guys. Glad to know I'm not the only one who's surprised. But you know what? I am starting to warm up to the pink room. Yes, it's grown-up but it's still girly. However, the blue room gives me pause. It seems in stark contrast to the young, fresh-faced personality
standing on the furniture. I'd love to see more of that youthfulness expressed in her room.