Thursday, June 12, 2008

Precocious Pad?


[Photo credit: Paul Costello]

My kids are too young (2 and almost 5) for all the Hannah Montana hysteria. But that doesn't stop me from wanting to take a peek are actress Miley Cyrus' digs featured in the June issue of InStyle. Yes, I know she's a worldly gazillionairess, still I was surprised that her style seemed well beyond her 15 years.

[Photo credit: Paul Costello]

Growing up, sheer lack of square footage made rearranging my bedroom pointless. But I did my best with special touches like Kirk Cameron posters and pretty arrangements of perfume bottles. My favorite? Exclamation cologne!


[Photo credit: Teen Idols 4 You]


So what do you think of Miley's place? Is it too over the top/ just right for these times /or does an improvised mix of posters and perfume still smell like teen spirit?

3 comments:

Simone said...

um, wow! at 15, it's a bit much. if she's living like this what are the adults in her house living like? and what does she have to look forward to?

it's interesting that once people have money (in the capital sense of the word), they are automatically grown. um, i think not. billy ray needs to come get his child!

claire said...

Whoa...she's got a boudoir. That's scary. How about something in between Pottery Barn Kids and Madonna's "Like a Virgin" years?

pretty*practical said...

Thanks for comments guys. Glad to know I'm not the only one who's surprised. But you know what? I am starting to warm up to the pink room. Yes, it's grown-up but it's still girly. However, the blue room gives me pause. It seems in stark contrast to the young, fresh-faced personality
standing on the furniture. I'd love to see more of that youthfulness expressed in her room.