This was the scene yesterday when I passed by Fashion Week at the Bryant Park tents. A handful of intrepid photographers snapping away and fabulous folks hoping to get past the velvet rope without an invite.
AMNY ran a great feature showcasing designer sketches for Spring 2009. I don't know about you, but I just love the color and the whimsical feel they evoke. Although we'll be seeing plenty of the real deal this week, I thought it'd be fun to distill their trend predictions and consider the ramifications for home decor. Serious stuff, right? :-)
metallics; minimalism; muted tones; nature; poppy colors; water colors; femininity; bohemian.Here is Pretty*Practical's take:
- beautiful pillows and rug with 'watercolor' effects.
- blinged out light fixtures festooned with large crystals.
- fabric featuring large scale 'nature' motifs and burled wood occasional pieces
- oversize vases in super-shiny plastic...I'm thinking a faceted vase in mandarin orange or lime. West Elm are you hearing me? ;-)
- worldly bohemia via items 'picked up' from exotic locales...this could be anything from 'vintage' Parisian tea-towels to Indian elephant figurines.