Friday, September 5, 2008

DIY Fridays: Fabric-Covered Lampshades


It has occurred to me that we haven't had a DIY Friday in sometime. So here is my weekend challenge. While browsing in Brooklyn Heights over the summer a quick trip into decor mecca, Nova Zembla, revealed a lighting lover's paradise. Aren't these lamps awesome? I fell hard for the colorful bases and kicky printed shades. Sadly, kicky prints meant pricey. But, I knew this a project a praticalista could pull off!


[Photo credit: Better Homes and Gardens]

If you have a tired lampshade that's just begging for a makeover, Better Homes and Garden has a great tutorial that details how to create a swanky fabric-covered lampshade. So grab your fave fabrics and start gluing! And please do share your success stories. I'd love to see the results!

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Great idea....Now I need the large snazzy shade...so I can cover it!

Anonymous said...

I am loving all that vintage lighting! Especially the aqua one at the bottom center of your montage ...

Pretty*Practical said...

Ya know, I'm not sure if they're vintage but they are lovely. Definitely unique accent pieces. Glad you like :-)