Friday, May 9, 2008

Quick Fix: Window Dressing




















As we head off into another busy weekend, I'd like to introduce Pretty*Practical's first 'Quick Fix' feature. In terms of household projects, I am all about instant gratification, so you'll see plenty of fixes that can be accomplished in a few hours or less.

Today's 'Quick Fix' involves improving the rather uninspiring view of my neighbor's unpainted cement wall. With a $3:00 roll of repositionable film from Ace Hardware in hand, I quickly went to work doing the following:
  • cutting the film to size
  • moving the film around on the glass until I had an even fit
  • running my hand across the film to eliminate bubbles
And voila! Insta-privacy that is pretty and still lets light in. In fact, the windows look as if they were purchased this way.

What projects will you be working on this weekend? If you'd like to showcase your DIY successes you can email your pics and a little commentary about your project to prettypracticaldecor@yahoo.com. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

In the meantime, have a fab weekend guys!

1 comment:

amy grace said...

very nice - doesn't even look like the same window! i have some major problem spots with the windows in my room...and since we can't afford new windows, i think some cleaner and a vacuum would be the best fix...