Thursday, January 29, 2009

Requiem for Domino



As most of you know by now, the much-beloved Domino announced yesterday that it will be folding with March 2009 being its last issue. I don't know about you, but when I heard the news I was quite bereft and reflexively went to the Domino website (which will also be shuttered) hoping for something - a sign - a glimmer of hope - I don't know. I came away empty handed. Domino was the only magazine I looked forward to every month - like a little gift in the mail and it will be dearly missed.

In the meantime, permit me to send a virtual 'shout-out' to Nick Olsen, Domino's online Deal Hunter. An uber-talented decorator, Nick's column is a hilarious must-read that's totally on-point when it comes to decorating ideas and advice. Currently, Nick is on a White House decorating kick with my fave posts being his 'speed decorating' inspiration for Malia and Sasha 'Fierce' (as he dubbed her) Obama's rooms.

By the way, if there any early Domino subscribers out there - I'd love to receive scans of your fave 2005- 2006 issues to share with late 2006 subscribers like myself. I'm thinking a vigil might be in order. *sniff*

No comments: