Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Clear Winners

[Photo credit: Olivier Morin/AFP Photo]

Are you suffering as I am from Olympics-mania? Although I was rather ambivalent during Athens/2004, this time around, China has me riveted.


[Jason Lezak photo by Mark J. Rebilas / US Presswire]

From the spectacular opening ceremony (gotta love the ombre costumes above) to Jason Lezak's awe-inspiring performance in men's 4 x 100 swim relay, I have athletics on the brain. And my kids love it too. It's like a live geography lesson! Who knew Andorra, Comoros and Tuvalu existed?


[Photo credit: West Elm]

When I'm not thinking about gymnastics, my 'me-time' thoughts turn to a handful of re-design projects I'm working on. While shopping the market this weekend, I was tickled to see West Elm offering cable-knit pillows. Think they read my previous post on sweater pillows? :-) Designed in collaboration with Lutz & Patmos, a New York-based luxury sweater and knitwear brand, these pillows look super cozy.


[Photo credit: Pottery Barn]

Not a trend-setter? Pottery Barn delivers a pared-down version of the look too. Cute!

No comments: