Thursday, February 26, 2009

'Shopping' My Etsy



This week, I was pleasantly surprised to receive a kind comment regarding my last post on homemade art. A reader named Nadine mentioned she had recently discovered the crafty goodness that is Etsy and it made her think of Pretty*Practical! Awww, thanks Nadine!

And yes it's true. I do have a special place in my heart for Etsy. I've always found it to be a great go-to resource for special little items that won't be seen everywhere and Etsy is invaluable when you need gift-buying ideas for that 'hard-to-shop-for' friend/relative. You know who you are! :-)

Of course, there are tons of talented crafters to choose from and we all have our faves - so here are some of mine:

1. Simple printed ceramics and wooden blocks from Paloma's Nest above are both earthy and elegant.



2. Be still my heart with these large scale floral prints from Kaiku. So beautiful!



3. I'm loathe to share this one :-) Gorgeous and very affordable cushion covers from Ruth's Crafts.



4. Hammered copper earrings and glass cocktail rings from Saffron Creations. These are fierce!

See anything you like?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Haha! Glad you appreciated my comment :D

Those wooden blocks from Paloma's Nest would definitely look better... on my desk! haha :)

Anonymous said...

How did we EVER live without Etsy? I can't remember the time. Like you said, "crafty goodness." Can I have those pillows please?